Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: And thus the Cinders were made into flame, and the passion was made bright.

And thus the Cinders were made into flame, and the passion was made bright. 5 years 1 month ago #30428

• cupiscent
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Hello CinderSpark, and welcome!

I know your pain of manymanylots ideas and half-finished stories. I had so many of them! And they taught me a lot and helped me improve my writing heaps. But I can't emphasise how much I learned - and what a jump forward my understanding of story and writing took - when I pushed through and finished something. (And then edited and edited and polished it, but the finishing was a Big Thing.) Having worked through to an end really gives amazing perspective on beginnings and middles and the whole process of thinking about story.

Plus, just having done it once gives me confidence that I can do it again. :)

In terms of finishing, the only thing that will work is doing it - sitting down and writing. I'd say don't worry about the publishing or even editing part now. When you're ready for that, the internet (and this great set of boards here) will have heaps of help for you. But you'll need to have the words down first.
-- Diana
(more hippos, less oaks)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Octavus

Replies in Topic: And thus the Cinders were made into flame, and the passion was made bright.

And thus the Cinders were made into flame, and the passion was made bright. CinderSpark 5 years 1 month ago
And thus the Cinders were made into flame, and the passion was made bright. Magic Seeker 5 years 1 month ago
And thus the Cinders were made into flame, and the passion was made bright. CinderSpark 5 years 1 month ago
And thus the Cinders were made into flame, and the passion was made bright. cupiscent 5 years 1 month ago
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds