Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: Hello there :)

Hello there :) 5 years 6 months ago #20914

• DeeBird
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
MagicSeeker: Thank you! :)

J.A. Marlow: Indeed. I've been working on my novel outside of the workshop, but I'm really excited to go along with the class anyway.

jhmcmullen: Thank you! Russell Barkley. His work is no more a magic cure-all than medication, but... it is eye-opening, inspiring, and practical. That is... when it's not soul-crushingly depressing. The realization that people actually talk TO themselves... as in, tell themselves to do things the same way they'd tell other people to do things... is about the biggest life epiphany I've had since re-watching Rocky Horror as an adult (...I watched it when I was nine... don't know why... did not... understand... anything...). I always thought that people talked about talking to themselves they were referring to the existential arguments and the voice that always says 'you're a lazy bum.' The idea that I can say to myself, 'Do the dishes and I'll give you a cookie,' is somewhat radical... (Still working on the way that always dissolves into, 'But the cookie is right THERE, I can eat it WITHOUT doing the dishes, dummy!') Anyway... I've been obsessing over these topics for about a year so I could DEFINITELY talk about them... extensively. I look forward to it. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Hello there :)

Hello there :) DeeBird 5 years 6 months ago
Hello there :) Magic Seeker 5 years 6 months ago
Hello there :) J.A. Marlow 5 years 6 months ago
Hello there :) jhmcmullen 5 years 6 months ago
Hello there :) DeeBird 5 years 6 months ago
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds