Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: Greetings

Greetings 6 years 10 months ago #17812

• Ashe Elton Parker
  • Platinum Boarder
  • This Dragon is immortal and may never be slain.
  • Thank you received: 2499
Hey, Holly (I'll forget your name on the boards, so thought I'd use it here before your post gets buried by other newbies), welcome to the site. It's a great place for critiques. Just visit the Critique Connection and read up on the rules and advice, then apply to sign up. You may want to dig your teeth into giving a few critiques yourself first. This will give you a chance to stock up on crits to be returned and, more importantly, show you that the people giving critiques aren't monsters, because they more than likely follow the exact same guidelines. :)

We keep our critique circles behind an additional login on the site to further protect your copyright, hence the extra signup process. You may be able to join a critique circle, but if you're not, you should be able to post your work on the Roving Crits board back there (not sure about the layout of things on the other side of the login myself as I'm not signed up to do critiques, but I do believe I've seen a Roving Crits board mentioned). Regardless, it's a good idea to start out doing crits for other people--as I said, it'll stock you up on crits to receive, and, even more importantly, it'll teach you what things to look for in your own writing, possibly even more than having critiques of it will (that's the way it worked for me when I did them--I saw more mistakes in my own writing from giving crits than from getting them).

I hope you enjoy the site!
Ashe Elton Parker
A writer of LGBT characters in Speculative Fiction.

My Instagram

I try to Art too
My DeviantArt

Member Since 1998

~

"There's someone in my head, but it's not me." ~ Pink Floyd
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Ashe Elton Parker.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Greetings

Greetings autumnprose 6 years 10 months ago
Greetings Ashe Elton Parker 6 years 10 months ago
Greetings Magic Seeker 6 years 10 months ago
Greetings J.A. Marlow 6 years 10 months ago
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds