Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
I am sure you have a few questions! Check out this board to see if we've already answered them for you!

TOPIC: Karma and Thank Yous?

Karma and Thank Yous? 6 years 2 months ago #16311

• jschara
  • Administrator
  • Wandering life's ice floes.
  • Thank you received: 132
Here's what the Kunena Forum documentation says about The Karma System:
The Karma System

The karma system is one of those neat little things that contributes to the community aspect of a website by empowering you to give feedback to those who deserve it. It is a tool you can use to show appreciation or disapproval for anything that another member has done.

Maybe you posted for help on how to do something and got such a swift and helpful response from another member that you want to show appreciation in more than just words. You can applaud them by giving them Karma. Perhaps another member responded to that same post negatively offering no help and unnecessarily making you look foolish when you genuinely needed help. You can smite them by take away Karma. However, should you smite someone, you should follow that up with a message to an admin or moderator and let them know just in case there is a larger issue.

Please use the karma system responsibly. Don't abuse it by artificially inflating someone's karma or waging a personal war against someone by reducing their karma unnecessarily. If abuse is detected the karma system will be shut off as it is not a necessity.

The karma controls are located in the top, right of each post we make in the forum. The '+' sign adds karma and the '-' takes it away. You cannot adjust your own karma.

From this, negative karma will be pretty rare at FM, but from the developers definition, it should be reserved for pretty crass behavior. Thankfully, we don't experience that very often here.

As for Thank You's, it's a quick way to let someone know you appreciate what they posted about without having to do a post to say so. In that respect, it's kind of like a "Like" but I think it's more specific.
Jean

Member since September 7, 2002. Part-time site admin. If you hear from me, I might be trying to resolve a concern you're having. I spend a lot of time behind the scenes here. Or maybe I'm off writing or revising something? Could be!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RylieDal

Replies in Topic: Karma and Thank Yous?

Karma and Thank Yous? mdunnbass 6 years 9 months ago
Karma and Thank Yous? Ashe Elton Parker 6 years 9 months ago
Karma and Thank Yous? jschara 6 years 9 months ago
Karma and Thank Yous? jschara 6 years 2 months ago
Moderators: jschara
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds