Writing a CV for a Novel Submission

Home Forums House of Creativity The Writing Pad Writing a CV for a Novel Submission

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    macaroni_thief
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

So, I want to submit one of my novels to a UK publisher’s new imprint, and one of their sub requirements is a writer’s CV. I’ve honestly never come across this before. I did a quick Google search, but most of the examples online are for freelance writers and not fiction authors.

Has anyone had to do this before? And if so, do you have any advice on going about it? (How to make it snappy? Does it need to be snappy and interesting like a normal resume?)

Ashe Elton Parker
        38 Pirate Gold Coins

I imagine they might want to know how long you’ve been writing (possibly), and very likely they’re looking for any previous publishing credits, with names of markets and publishing dates. Also, whether or not you’ve got an agent, and who that person is if so.

But I’ve never done such a thing and I really have no idea where to start with it.

Ashe Elton Parker
        "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
        ~*~
        Member since 1998.
        ~*~
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.