Wills

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ConnieCockrell
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

We’ve lost a number of significant artists in the last few months. The last, at least at this date, was Prince. Like many artists, musicians, writers, poets, and so on, no will was left. At the least this is painful to the family at the worst, it’s a tragedy for everyone, fans included.

I saw a recent post by Neil Gaiman who has attempted to remedy the situation for all of us. Read his post, then download the sample will. It’s a work in progress. You need to take it to your lawyers and decide what’s best for your state, country, etc.

It’s a start. Download it and protect your work and your legacy. Seriously, you have a legacy. Do it now.

http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2006/10/important-and-pass-it-on.html

ErinMH
        0 Pirate Gold Coins

Not really a recent post, but always pertinent. :)

Of course, some of us have no lawyers, and I have yet to see anyone suggest a good way to decide whom to appoint as literary executor.

djmills
        Participant
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

I picked my youngest great niece because she will be alive the longest after I die, hopefully for the 70 years after I die. I have no idea if she will like reading books, let alone marketing of my books, changing covers every few years, etc. However, she gets to spend all the money earned. That might keep her interested.

If she grows up enough and tells me she is not interested, I will see if one of my great grandchildren is interested.

I am busy writing out every process from creating covers, writing blurbs, formatting for print and ebooks, uploading, distributor sites, passwords, bank accounts & passwords, etc before I then research all the other distributors/rights I don’t currently use, like Audible, different languages, etc.

And anything else I think of over time can be added to the printed files and updates of lists.

MarFisk
            0 Pirate Gold Coins

Sounds like a plan :). Though do ask her when she’s old enough because it is a big responsibility.

She remakes mechanical devices, and he dreams of becoming a steamship captain in The Steamship Chronicles. Book 1 is free in eBook.
            https://margaretmcgaffeyfisk.com/the-steamship-chronicles/

djmills
            Participant
              0 Pirate Gold Coins

Yes, I will ask her when she is at least 10 or older but even then she won’t understand enough to agree to it. I just hope I live until she is 18 or 20 and will have an idea of the work involved. :-)

MarFisk
                0 Pirate Gold Coins

Sounds like a plan :).

She remakes mechanical devices, and he dreams of becoming a steamship captain in The Steamship Chronicles. Book 1 is free in eBook.
                https://margaretmcgaffeyfisk.com/the-steamship-chronicles/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.