Who walks their cat on a leash?

Home Forums House of Creativity The Writing Pad Who walks their cat on a leash?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Michael E. Walston
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

I think I finally figured out what’s got Oscar’s panties in such a wad: fleas!

He thinks if I’ll just let him outside he can escape the fleas which he and his brethren brought in during their unauthorized excursions in the first place. Cat logic.

But I do miss going on walks with him. I think it might be fun to take him out on a leash.

Rest assured I put the flea medicine on all their necks this morning. Hopefully Oscar will calm down. He has a hypersensitive flea allergy, too, but I bought some kind of steroid skin spray for him last year which seemed to work wonders, if I can only find it tomorrow.

But even so I think it would be fun to take my crazy kitty cat on a walk. Not as much fun as walking unfettered free citizens together but hopefully better then nothing…

I don’t know how he will react…

MarFisk
        0 Pirate Gold Coins

That would definitely mess with them :). Yay for figuring it out.

She remakes mechanical devices, and he dreams of becoming a steamship captain in The Steamship Chronicles. Book 1 is free in eBook.
        https://margaretmcgaffeyfisk.com/the-steamship-chronicles/

Weird Jim
        Participant
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

Search, Leash walking cats. A harness is used because they slip collars. Cats being cats, different animals; different reactions.

Weird Jim
          Participant
            0 Pirate Gold Coins

I don’t know if you’ll get this, but it’s a cat who’d rather play dead than go for a leash walk.

Link removed as it led to an inappropriate page. I’ll try to see if better is available.

cupiscent
            Participant
              0 Pirate Gold Coins

I am seriously considering getting a harness for my cat to take her for walks. For various reasons, we want her to be an “indoor cat”, but she’s pining for environmental enrichment, so regulated outdoor time seems like it might fit the bill. I have no idea how she’ll react to the leash, though, or the concept of walking on one. Can’t think of any way to answer that but to try, however, since she remains stubbornly uncommunicative on the topic. ;)

MarFisk
                0 Pirate Gold Coins

The link goes to their main page with a rather disturbing first article right now.

She remakes mechanical devices, and he dreams of becoming a steamship captain in The Steamship Chronicles. Book 1 is free in eBook.

MarFisk
                  0 Pirate Gold Coins

My kids have a cat they used to take on leash walks. When the cat was living with us because of a housing issue, I declared it was the best thing ever to deal with a grumpy mood. Trying to get a cat to walk is full of such ridiculous humor it’s good for all involved. CB would walk to the nearest grass and eat. I’d move her beyond that patch and she’d run at the very limit of the leash until the next grass…where she would stop.

Just have low expectations for exercise and enjoy the moment.

Magic Seeker
                    0 Pirate Gold Coins

Many years ago I tried to train my two cats to walk on a leash. One would walk just fine, if very slowly, inside the house. Outside? No. Way! Forget about it. Outside was too scary.

The other cat just laid down flat when I put his collar near his neck. I’ve never seen a cat who could look so much like a mule. That lad had a wide range of facial expressions, and his disgust was very clear.

I’m sure you know who lost that war. 😆

Happy writing,
                    Deb Salisbury
                    The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
                    www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
                    https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
                    http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

Weird Jim
                    Participant
                      0 Pirate Gold Coins
                      MarFisk wrote:
                      The link goes to their main page with a rather disturbing first article right now.

I’ll try this one and delete if it doesn’t work.

Link

It seems to be OK.

MarFisk
                        0 Pirate Gold Coins

Yes the link works. Of course with the fact that the cat isn’t fighting him, I’d wonder if he’d put it on too tight and pinched a nerve :p.

Michael E. Walston
                        Participant
                          0 Pirate Gold Coins

“Just have low expectations for exercise and enjoy the moment.”

Well, we used to enjoy each other’s company in the Florida woods. I remember one time Oscar got caught up a pine tree and leaped down a good 50 yards to my arms.

That was fun.

Indigo Writer
                          Participant
                            0 Pirate Gold Coins

My husband’s first wife trained her late cat, Bandit, to walk on a leash. I was mystified when I first saw he was docile enough on it. I expected him to do a Garfield act (play dead or act as if he was choking). She said she trained him from the time he was a kitten. I never would have thought to train a cat to like a leash, though. It makes sense if you all live in an apartment complex and the cat needs to get out for some exercise.

MarFisk
                              0 Pirate Gold Coins

Yipes!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.