Whimsical writing tool (paid)

Home Forums House of Creativity The Writing Pad Whimsical writing tool (paid)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    strigine
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

This past week I’ve started using the site 4thewords, which mashes together writing and an RPG. You battle monsters by writing a certain number of words with a certain timeframe — 200 words in 30 minutes, for example (the smallest critter). And, as with any RPG, defeated monsters drop items which you can exchange to fight stronger monsters, or to craft items which boost your stats. It’s proved very helpful for pushing past my inner critic!

Caveat: The site is subscription-based — 30-day free trial, then $4 a month (you buy crystals, which you can exchange for your subscription and also for costume items and the like).

Magic Seeker
        0 Pirate Gold Coins

It sounds entertaining. :cheer:

Happy writing,
        Deb Salisbury
        The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
        www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
        https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
        http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

macaroni_thief
        Participant
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

Interesting…

It sounds like Habitica, but for writing only. I haven’t tried Habitica, but it might work for writing too. And it’s free…

strigine
          Participant
            0 Pirate Gold Coins
            macaroni_thief wrote:
            Interesting…

It sounds like Habitica, but for writing only. I haven’t tried Habitica, but it might work for writing too. And it’s free…

I’m on Habitica too, actually! As strixbrevis — have been playing for a few years. Several writers use it, so in addition to the tasks and habits you create for yourself, there are challenges created by other people that you can join. I enjoy it quite a bit, although personally for the writing I needed a little extra gamification, apparently. I would definitely recommend giving it a shot.

crimson_angel
            Participant
              0 Pirate Gold Coins

Sounds really neat! May give it a try sometime.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.