Wherever I have been I am back

Home Forums Main Lobby The Main Board Wherever I have been I am back

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    astropolis
    Participant
    • Topics - 21
    • Replies - 100

Within the last week I made a decision. I’m going back to the Arcturian timeline, the world in which I was writing when I first joined the old FM, 16 years ago.

The Arcturian universe is something I’ve always loved, together with its feisty, lovable, insubordinate, drop-dead-gorgeous heroine, the irrepressible Lieutenant Jane M Gould of the Arcturian Confederate Space Fleet.

Yes, that Jane Gould. Energy weapon down the front of her dress. Diverting a spaceship over a thousand light years to take her date to a restaurant. The woman who sold the baddies an ice cream maker when they thought they were getting a stolen faster than light drive. She’s back.

There is a reason for this. Old FMers will know that I wrote a 123,000 word blockbuster and completely failed to sell it, despite everyone who read it loving it. Back then self-pub was barely respectable, and the idea of an e-book was very new.

Now it’s pretty well mainstream.

What I am going to do is split the original blockbuster in two, and write a new intro for part 2. The first chunk will keep the original title “Run from the Stars,” and part 2 will be “Turn to the Stars.” I’m planning to release both on Kindle in early May.

The other big difference is that I can now afford professional cover art. I’ve found an artist who has done me roughs of a cover with a delicious Jane standing in front of a very serious looking spaceship. He’s taken my original sketches of the Confederate eighty-footer and turned them into something totally real. It looks like a photograph of something built by NASA. He’s also captured the strange mixture of strength and femininity that is Jane. It’s like falling in love.

That’s why I’m coming back on the boards. Turning back to what I love has ended a long dry spell.

Ashe Elton Parker
    • Topics - 425
    • Replies - 9,210

Congrats, Bob! It’s good to have you back. Hope to see you in chat more often, too!

Ashe Elton Parker
    "There's someone in my head, but it's not me." ~ from the song Brain Damage by Pink Floyd
    ~*~
    Member since 1998.
    ~*~
    Look me up on Wattpad for some of my books!
    J.A. Marlow
    • Topics - 311
    • Replies - 1,099

Wow! Sounds like you have a great plan there!

It’s great to see you back and writing again. I hope you have lots of fun with it! :D

J.A. Marlow
    The String Weavers, Salmon Run, Redpoint One series.

Writer alter-ego of Dreamers Cove

Magic Seeker
    • Topics - 80
    • Replies - 1,213

. :) . Welcome home!

Happy writing,
    Deb Salisbury
    The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
    www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
    https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
    http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

David Bridger
    Participant
    • Topics - 25
    • Replies - 212

Great news! I look forward to buying and reading Run from the Stars and Turn to the Stars. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.