Welcome to Forward Motion from the Site Owner

Home Forums House of Creativity Welcome Mat: The Spot for Newcomers Welcome to Forward Motion from the Site Owner

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    DragonFire
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

I am brand new to writing. My lifelong dream has been to become a successful author. I heard about this site from Nanowrimo. I am joining the Two year course here for January. My current goal is to write a novel for middle school age children. It will be fiction.

In am looking forward to learning what it takes to finish a novel.

Magic Seeker
        0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hello DragonFire! Welcome to FM! I hope you have fun with Zette’s Two Year Novel course.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Happy writing,
        Deb Salisbury
        The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
        www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
        https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
        http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

DragonFire
        Participant
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

Thank you for the warm welcome, Magic Seeker.

Happy New Year!

naidas
          Participant
            0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hello! I was recommended to this site by another member who is a long time friend. I have watched her successfully start a writing career after she retired, inspiring me to attempt the same feat. I’ve JUST started out, warming up with some flash fiction pieces to help unfreeze some of the creative juices that use to flow in my younger years. I can take all the constructive criticism anyone wants to hand out. I prefer fiction, but at this point, that is all I can tell you about what style of writing I want to write. I have a lot to learn!

Magic Seeker
              0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi naidas! Welcome to FM! This is a great site to get you started. :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Happy writing,
              Deb Salisbury
              www.mantua-maker.com

JulesW
              Participant
                0 Pirate Gold Coins

[Hi Everyone,

I am new and hoping to hook up with some writers in the specaltive fiction genre.
                I am new to on groups, so please be gentle with me.
                I am writing a novel and I have my doubts and fears that are holding me back.
                I am looking for some writing friends to help me with my writing journey.

B)

Magic Seeker
                  0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi Jules! Welcome to FM!

We’re a friendly group, so don’t worry about people being unkind. We all try to help each other.

I hope we can help you reach your goals. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Happy writing,
                  Deb Salisbury
                  www.mantua-maker.com

Anonymous
                    0 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome, Jules! Congratulations on starting your novel. I know of no better place for advice and support than this community and there are lots of spec fiction writers here. I suggest you visit the genre discussion boards and start mingling!

cachance
                    Participant
                      0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi Jules,

I think you’ll find people here are kind and supportive. I also write speculative fiction, science fiction specifically. If I can be any help, don’t hesitate to ask.

Ignore those fears and doubts. They’re not important. Write your story. Particularly in a first draft, it doesn’t really matter how good it is. That’s what editing and rewriting are for.

EllieActive
                      Participant
                        0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi, I’m Ellie! Just found out about this place from NaNoWriMo. I’m an avid fanfic writer who wants to write her own stuff but can’t seem to get any ideas….

Ashe Elton Parker
                          38 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome!

I branched away from fanfic by developing my own characters who I first inserted into the world I was writing fanfic in, then started asking myself What If questions based on my original characters until I found myself writing original fiction.

Ashe Elton Parker
                          "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
                          ~*~
                          Member since 1998.
                          ~*~
                          Magic Seeker
                            0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi Ellie! Welcome to FM!

I think Ashe gave you great advice. Your own characters can wander into their own problems, independent of the original stories. And fanfic is a great place to learn the craft. :)

Happy writing,
                            Deb Salisbury
                            www.mantua-maker.com

annemag
                            Participant
                              0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi all,
                              I’m Anne – new to the site and just finished the first draft of my novel :) and now having it edited before I send to a agents. Happy to have any advice or offer any help I can.
                              Anne

Magic Seeker
                                0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi Anne! Welcome to FM.

Congratulations on finishing your first draft! Personally, I’d let it sit in a dark corner for a month before sending it to anyone, and let it percolate before reading it again. You may find a few things you want to tweak before you get it edited.

Best of luck in your agent hunt!

Happy writing,
                                Deb Salisbury
                                www.mantua-maker.com

Rogue_1
                                Participant
                                  0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hello everyone. I’ve been pounding the freelance writers path for a while. I’ve written a steady stream of ads, articles, blog posts and other short writings for web based companies and broker sites. I’ve always wanted to write a book and have a novel I’ve struggled with for the past two years. I finally took the plunge with a recent challenge. I completed and published my first eBook (it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be).

I have a strong desire to try the Nanowrimo this year. last year I couldn’t get up the nerve to try (50,000 words and corrections is a daunting goal). With my recent, and first publication I have found renewed confidence and am furiously working on a new goal of 50,000 words of fiction (written and edited), a practice Nanowrimo as it were. I’m moving right along with my first draft and so far feeling pretty good about it.

As always I am looking to improve upon my craft and ran across a posting about this site I came over to sign up. I was intrigued because as a writer, I am a bit limited on writer friends ( I don’t really have any). People who don’t write don’t really get it. At least my friends are polite when I ramble on about my writings.

It’s very nice to meet you all and I hope I can contribute as well and learn something here during my membership to this site.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.