We used to be friends, a long time ago

Home Forums House of Creativity Welcome Mat: The Spot for Newcomers We used to be friends, a long time ago

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    April Larkin
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

I was a member of Forward Motion years ago, and I kind of fell out of writing. I quit doing NaNo, I quit all the writing sites, and I tried to control the impending trainwreck that was my life. Now that all THAT’s over, though… I miss writing. I think this and NaNo are the only sites I used to haunt that still exist. So here I am. Hi.

Save yourself.

Magic Seeker
        0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi April! I’m glad you found your way back!

I hope we can help you meet your writing goals. The site has been quiet lately, but maybe you can help liven it up. 🙂

Happy writing,
        Deb Salisbury
        The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
        www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
        https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
        http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

MarFisk
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi, April. It’s a good time to be rejuvenating those writing urges. Things might be quiet, but there’s the daily exercises, goals, and challenges just waiting for you to set down your mark :).

I’m around, but not very. Working on that myself.

She remakes mechanical devices, and he dreams of becoming a steamship captain in The Steamship Chronicles. Book 1 is free in eBook.
          https://margaretmcgaffeyfisk.com/the-steamship-chronicles/

Ashe Elton Parker
            38 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome back, April!

The site’s undergone a lot of changes since the 2010’s. We’ve moved I think twice and are still getting settled here. As has been said above, it’s kind of slow here on the boards, but chat is going strong. Though there is a page where you can access chat, it’s also accessible by signing up for a Discord account–it’s free, and it comes with an app. You can find the app and information about Discord here. Come join us for chat; there’s almost always someone in chat most days/nights (me), and it would be a pleasure to see you there!

Ashe

Ashe Elton Parker
            "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
            ~*~
            Member since 1998.
            ~*~
            April Larkin
            Participant
              0 Pirate Gold Coins

I’m so glad to see people here! I didn’t notice the dates on the forum posts til after I made this one, and I was worried I was coming back to another dead place. I’m glad to be wrong. Thank you all for the welcome!

Save yourself.

Dreamers Cove
              Keymaster
                1 Pirate Gold Coin

Welcome back!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.