the spread of illiteracy: facebook only allows 1 paragraph at a time

Home Forums Main Lobby The Main Board the spread of illiteracy: facebook only allows 1 paragraph at a time

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Giddy
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 51

Did you try shift and enter in good old FB?

zette
    • Topics - 583
    • Replies - 887

Oh yes, a lot of people don’t bother to write properly these days. My immediate thought about your post was that you didn’t capitalize the words and make it into a proper heading. The Facebook site is not responsible for the poor writing of those who post there.

It’s unfortunate that so much bad writing comes out of school these days and is made acceptable by those who read the posts. In chat, we limit the amount of chat-speak that people use. You are excepted to write full sentences and everything, though we do get lax sometimes. However, we had a lot of ‘children’ leave chat after they were told that ‘(smiley face) b4 u ask ? r u writing (smiley face) was not acceptable. LOL

tkepner
    Participant
    • Topics - 4
    • Replies - 10

Nope, sorry, you’re wrong. Hitting Enter posts what you’ve written. I’ve accidentally hit the Enter key many times (aiming for the quote key) and had to edit/delete the post to finish typing.

If not post but go to the next line you hold down the SHIFT key while hitting ENTER.

ErinMH
    • Topics - 405
    • Replies - 10,885

No, it really is a question of settings.

KatsInCommand
    Participant
    • Topics - 75
    • Replies - 1,263

That’s such an awesome story. That’s love… *sigh*

Thanks for sharing.

Michael E. Walston
    Participant
    • Topics - 38
    • Replies - 182

See, I’ve been affected too! Sometimes I don’t use caps now.

Michael E. Walston
    Participant
    • Topics - 38
    • Replies - 182
    KatsInCommand wrote:
    That’s such an awesome story. That’s love… *sigh*

Thanks for sharing.

You’re welcome. :)

Giddy
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 51
    Quote:
    Nope, sorry, you’re wrong. Hitting Enter posts what you’ve written. I’ve accidentally hit the Enter key many times (aiming for the quote key) and had to edit/delete the post to finish typing.

Actually, I’m not wrong. It depends which version of FB you are running. It works quite well on my version. But apparently only the way you have it can be correct . . . According to you?

Edit: Just checked it on another persons account and hitting enter breaks the line and does not post it. So it seems it is your version of the FB browser.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.