That new gal over there. Me?

Home Forums House of Creativity Welcome Mat: The Spot for Newcomers That new gal over there. Me?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Syndil Draconis
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

Heya lovelies!
      I tend to go by Syndra or Syn, But I really don’t mind any other nickname someone might find for me.
      I found this when looking for other resources for writing from Nano Wrimo and figured I’d check it out! I love to research, Maybe a little too much as I just fall down the rabbit hole and never seem to get my efforts down into book form. I write mostly by hand with my beloved pilot Plumix pens, so of course I get ink and writing callouses on my fingers πŸ™‚
      I am currently working on a political supernatural, with the formatting of romance? A pairing for each book, but there are three books to each pairing. I am not so great at romance.. or political sooo. I have been putting forth a lot of time into research and reading those genres.
      I don’t really have a genre I write in.. I just write. It has always been my escape from reality. Now I am just learning to add structure and hope to turn something into a book!

I hope to get to know some friendly people from here and find some lasting writing buddies, either way, I am sure you will see me around!

Ashe Elton Parker
        38 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome, Syndil!

I’m sorry to say the boards have been kind of slow this year (since the big move), but feel free to post any questions or comments in the appropriate places. There’s lots of resources for writing stuff here, and we other members are happy to answer any questions you have or brainstorm to help solve problems. I’ve sort of taken on the task of managing part of the goals threads under the Motivation section, so if you want to help motivate yourself, feel free to join me there. πŸ™‚

One thing I particularly want to mention is our free live chat. The link is in the menu bar at the top of the screen. There’s almost always a member present there, starting in the early afternoon and usually running into the wee hours of the morning, US Mountain Time (Colorado). There, you can get real-time assistance and talk shop, or food, or weather–or whatever strikes your fancy, we’re open to pretty much anything except the topics of politics and religion (to keep things peaceful, friendly, and welcoming to all members). Chat runs on a different system, so you must sign up, but that signup is free and offers a perpetual login so you don’t have to login again every time you come to chat.

Again, Welcome to FM! I hope you have fun and find the things you need here. πŸ™‚

Ashe Elton Parker
        "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
        ~*~
        Member since 1998.
        ~*~
        Magic Seeker
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi Syn! Welcome to FM! Political supernatural sounds like an interesting combination.

I agree with Ashe, it’s been quiet here this year. Too much strange stuff in real life, I guess. Feel free to start a topic, or to wake up an old one. πŸ™‚

Happy writing,
          Deb Salisbury
          The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
          www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
          https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
          http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

Balthamus
          Participant
            0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi Syn,

Welcome to FM!

I don’t really have a genre I write in.. I just write. It has always been my escape from reality. Now I am just learning to add structure and hope to turn something into a book!

I hope to get to know some friendly people from here and find some lasting writing buddies, either way, I am sure you will see me around!

I am the same with writing, it is something I do for fun, relaxation and escapism. Forward Motion has lots of resourses about all that structure stuff and questions are always welcomed.

J.A. Marlow
              125 Pirate Gold Coins

Hello there!

A bunch of us ‘just write’ and enjoy the process, which yes, can result in writing across multiple genres (although for me, science fiction-oriented is a sweet spot). I also know all about falling down the research rabbit hole, as I’ve been doing that a lot for several ongoing projects! The thing is, it can be so much fun…

…although it sure doesn’t help with getting new words. LOL!

Let us know if you have any specific questions. We are always happy to help! This coming Nano we have a writing group on the Nano site. Just post here with your Nano name if you are interested in joining. πŸ™‚

J.A. Marlow
              The String Weavers, Salmon Run, Redpoint One series.

Writer alter-ego of Dreamers Cove

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.