Tea or Coffee?

Home Forums House of Creativity The Writing Pad Tea or Coffee?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    David Anthony Brown
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

I voted coffee since that’s what I drink first thing, but I’m tolerant to caffeine so beyond the morning it doesn’t really do anything for me. I’m weaning myself off of soda… I prefer the citrus and cherry flavored drinks. I enjoy both hot and ice tea, but that’s usually for relaxing or reading. Water is my go-to during NaNo, or anytime I’m writing 2k+ words in one sitting (I do more short bursts normally).

Linda Adams
      Participant
        0 Pirate Gold Coins

Diet Coke and Iced Tea. Twelve years in the army and I never got hooked on drinking coffee.

zette
          126 Pirate Gold Coins

I am not surprised to see tea winning out! I hear ‘tea’ in chat (and on places like Twitter) far more often than I hear any other sort of drink.

J.A. Marlow
            125 Pirate Gold Coins

Tea for this writer. While I like the smell of good quality coffee, I cannot stand the taste. Not in a beverage, or in candy, icecream, or anything else. Go figure.

As for tea, I like all sorts. Peppermint, green tea, black tea, chamomile. Not so much the fruity teas, though. Might be how ‘sugary’ they can taste.

J.A. Marlow
            The String Weavers, Salmon Run, Redpoint One series.

Writer alter-ego of Dreamers Cove

RavenCorbie
            Participant
              0 Pirate Gold Coins

I put other. Perhaps I should have put “coffee” since it’s sort of my default morning choice, after which I typically drink water the rest of the day, and finish off with a glass of red wine before bed. Sometimes I also have a cup of coffee in the afternoon. But I do also love tea and drink it occasionally. Right now, I don’t have a convenient way of drinking tea (I like loose leaf tea, not tea bags, and I haven’t unpacked any of the things, even teapots, that I can use to steep the tea), so it’s been awhile. I also like good ginger ale and Langer’s cranberry/pomegranate juice. But mostly, it’s coffee and water.

Interestingly, I have only a slight reaction to caffeine. I pretty much drink coffee in the morning because I like the taste of it and it’s warm. If I had to choose between caffeine free herbal tea or some kind of caffeinated cold beverage, I’d go with the herbal tea. For me, it’s more soothing and warm than a jolt of energy. That said, I do notice that if I drink coffee after 6pm I have troubles falling asleep later.

MarFisk
                0 Pirate Gold Coins

I drink both. I have caffeinated tea in the morning and coffee most days, then the rest of the day it’s herbal teas and water.

She remakes mechanical devices, and he dreams of becoming a steamship captain in The Steamship Chronicles. Book 1 is free in eBook.
                https://margaretmcgaffeyfisk.com/the-steamship-chronicles/

adora2012
                Participant
                  0 Pirate Gold Coins

I drink both. I have a cup of coffee in the morning after I wake up, with cream and sugar. Water with breakfast, then I may have another cup of coffee in the afternoon, or a cup of tea. Black tea, Red rose is my favourite. With sugar and milk. Its the only tea I drink.

zette
                    126 Pirate Gold Coins

I did not expect ‘other’ to out rank coffee! This is a lot more interesting than I expected. LOL

Ashe Elton Parker
                      38 Pirate Gold Coins

If you’d had “Water” “Soft Drinks” and “Other,” Coffee might still be in second place.

Ashe Elton Parker
                      "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
                      ~*~
                      Member since 1998.
                      ~*~
                      RavenCorbie
                      Participant
                        0 Pirate Gold Coins
                        Ashe wrote:
                        If you’d had “Water” “Soft Drinks” and “Other,” Coffee might still be in second place.

Or if you’d had check boxes or a “both” answer: that’s what I really wanted to answer, but I went with “Other” because I didn’t want to imply that I don’t like tea. But I definitely drink more coffee than tea, so I probably should have gone with “Coffee.” I’ve seen a lot of others saying that they drink both as well.

Edit: This is interesting, though, because I think it shows that people who like coffee tend to also like tea, whereas there is a group of people who like tea and who do NOT like coffee.

Tanya9771
                        Participant
                          0 Pirate Gold Coins

Definitely tea for me – I very rarely drink coffee, and when I do it’s always black with no sugar. In the evenings there’s likely to be a glass or two of red wine, but more often than not I’ll stick with tea. And chocolate of course! :D

Silverback
                          Participant
                            0 Pirate Gold Coins

I prefer coffee but I do like tea. Sometimes I get in the mood for green tea or other flavors. Usually before bed for some reason. Coffee has been a necessity of mine since I was maybe 15. I used to smoke so coffee and a cig was the bomb (as the kids say). Black with no sugar for years but now, probably since I’m older and wimpier, french vanilla cream and two sugars!

sisik
                            Participant
                              0 Pirate Gold Coins

I drink a strong Turkish tea in the morning. After that, it’s strictly water since I’m on a diet at the moment.

*sigh*

I miss my Dr. Pepper.

MrGrey
                              Participant
                                0 Pirate Gold Coins

I’m British, born and raised on Assam tea. It’s all I drink these days. :D

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.