Starting over, ahem, hello.

Home Forums House of Creativity Welcome Mat: The Spot for Newcomers Starting over, ahem, hello.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    anonymouskitten
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hello, everyone! I’m hardly new on here, but I might as well be. I joined the forum back in 2013 and proceeded to live a wild life of uncertainty that drove me slightly crazy but gave me some great story ideas. At any rate, I dropped off the face of the Internet, which, in this digital age, I may have well disappeared. After a long internal debate on the pros and cons, I decided to come back to some of the websites geared toward writers. With a toddler and pregnant with my second child, I’m not entirely sure how active I’ll be, but I’m making a point to check in at least weekly. (I even wrote it on my calendar, so it’s official now.)

Anyway, I hope the forums are as active as they were two years ago, and I’m eager to jump back into the conversations. :cheer:

Ashe Elton Parker
        38 Pirate Gold Coins

welcome back, Anonymouskitten! (for some reason, my mind insists on reading your name as anony-mouse-kitten. LOL)

We have several other mothers here on FM, some (like NPhoenix) with quite a number of children, so you’re not alone in being a writing parent. So balancing writing and kids is possible, if challenging.

Thanks for putting us on your calendar. I look forward to chatting with you on the boards.

Ashe Elton Parker
        "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
        ~*~
        Member since 1998.
        ~*~
        Keeley
        Participant
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome! And congrats!

Author of a romance between Loki and Sigyn, a dragon shapeshifter series, and a romantic fantasy with forbidden magic and a mysterious minstrel. (More at amykeeley.wordpress.com)

Also writes space opera/sociological science fiction under the name Z.A. Waterstone. (zawaterstone.wordpress.com)

anonymouskitten
          Participant
            0 Pirate Gold Coins

You aren’t the only one who says it like that. B) I’m simultaneously relieved to know writing while parenting is possible and exhausted from just thinking about the balancing act. It’ll be an adventure, a joyful and terrifying adventure. (I’m only half joking.)

I look forward to actively participating, instead of just lurking like I did before. :) See you in the comments!

anonymouskitten
            Participant
              0 Pirate Gold Coins

Thank you! It’s my hubby’s first biological child (He adopted my son when my son was born.), so he is, of course, running around making sure everything is okay. The hilarity in it all is that I’m only 9 weeks along, so there is nothing extraordinary happening. I almost wish he were a writer and he hosted a blog. I could only imagine what’s running through his head and what could be spilled onto the page. [That being said, he wants to take some creative writing classes so my affectionate dream may turn into reality and bite me later.] :silly:

Magic Seeker
                0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi Cayleigh! Welcome back!

It would be fun to read a first-time father-to-be’s thoughts. Lots of story ideas there. :)

Happy writing,
                Deb Salisbury
                The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
                www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
                https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
                http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

anonymouskitten
                Participant
                  0 Pirate Gold Coins

So many great ideas! I was just reading Brian Klems’ blog earlier today, which sparked the idea of my hubby starting one of his own. Brian has three girls, so he is completely out of his element but in a comedic way. 😆

Klara Kim
                  Participant
                    0 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome back!

J.A. Marlow
                      125 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome back to the site! As you can see, we just keep puttering along. Chat is also quite active with writers from all around the world. Hopefully we can help inspire you to get to the writing again. :)

J.A. Marlow
                      The String Weavers, Salmon Run, Redpoint One series.

Writer alter-ego of Dreamers Cove

MikeTaylor
                      Participant
                        0 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome back on FMW’s.. I’m a new member but glad to see you too here =)

J.A. Marlow
                          125 Pirate Gold Coins

Your writing bug is rubbing off on him! Go you! I hope he does it and starts writing, too. It will give him an appreciation for what you are already doing.

Welcome to FM!

J.A. Marlow
                          The String Weavers, Salmon Run, Redpoint One series.

Writer alter-ego of Dreamers Cove

anonymouskitten
                          Participant
                            0 Pirate Gold Coins

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcomes! Since I’m in the cool-down time for one story and planning phases for another, I’m hoping to explore more and start a few chats with all of you. :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.