Returning after years

Home Forums Main Lobby Welcome Mat: The Spot for Newcomers Returning after years

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ImperviousFly
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 1

Hi,

I have been writing on and off for years, just for me. I was a member here years and years ago, then I returned a few years back with this account. But then I started a nursing degree…if anyone knows about a nursing degree then you will know that they suck all your spare time away from you. It was a fast paced 3 years!

I recently graduated and am now a Registered Nurse! Yay! 3 years worth it! And now I have time to actually do something fun and start writing in earnest again!

Bronwyn

Ashe Elton Parker
    • Topics - 422
    • Replies - 9,195

Welcome back!

Congrats on getting your nursing degree! That is an accomplishment worth celebrating. Writing, in my mind, is the perfect way to celebrate! :p

Ashe Elton Parker
    "There's someone in my head, but it's not me." ~ from the song Brain Damage by Pink Floyd
    ~*~
    Member since 1998.
    ~*~
    Look me up on Wattpad for some of my books!
    Magic Seeker
    • Topics - 80
    • Replies - 1,210

Hi Bronwyn! Welcome back to FM!

Congratulations on your Nursing degree! I bet you now have a huge backlog of story ideas. :cheer:

Happy writing,
    Deb Salisbury
    The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
    www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
    https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
    http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

ImperviousFly
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 1

Yes I have quite a few ideas, and I’m now trying to sort through them to see what will worked together as subplots etc. I have a preference for writing fantasy.

I am also trying to focus on basics. I have a journal and I’m making it a thing to record a description of locations I visit as practice. And similar things. Just brushing the cobwebs off my creative writing skills…writing essays is quite different.

Bronwyn

KatsInCommand
    Participant
    • Topics - 75
    • Replies - 1,263

Hi Bronwyn! Welcome back. :) Take your time, those cobwebs are nasty, but they do come off.

ConnieCockrell
    Participant
    • Topics - 90
    • Replies - 946

Hooray on your accomplishment. Welcome back.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.