Question about two-month challenges

Home Forums House of Creativity The Writing Pad Question about two-month challenges

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    elizabeths
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi! I was a longtime member on the old site but just got around to joining the new one this weekend.

I was looking for the two-month challenges, because I need some motivation and deadlines. But they don’t seem to be used much. Is there a March/April thread or do I just start a thread for myself in whichever section I’m doing?

(Or do we skip March and do April/May…I can’t remember.)

Ashe Elton Parker
        38 Pirate Gold Coins

They’re under Motivation: Two-Month Challenges

Ashe Elton Parker
        "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
        ~*~
        Member since 1998.
        ~*~
        Magic Seeker
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi Elizabeth! Welcome back! :cheer:

Happy writing,
          Deb Salisbury
          The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
          www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
          https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
          http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

elizabeths
          Participant
            0 Pirate Gold Coins

I saw the forum, but wasn’t sure if there was any organized “time to start now!” post or if we just go set up a thread whenever we want. I’m ok with doing that but the deadlines feel more real if other people are watching. :)

MarFisk
              0 Pirate Gold Coins

March is a break month. It’s two months, break, two months, etc.

And yes, you just start your own thread, but subscribe to the forum and you’ll be notified in email whenever anyone posts to any threads. At least that’s what I try to do.

She remakes mechanical devices, and he dreams of becoming a steamship captain in The Steamship Chronicles. Book 1 is free in eBook.
              https://margaretmcgaffeyfisk.com/the-steamship-chronicles/

zette
                126 Pirate Gold Coins

I have pretty much left the two month challenges to run wild and see if anyone was really interested any more. Since the entire list was up, I figured people could join in as they liked. But officially the way they run is:

January – February
                March off
                April – May
                June off
                July-August
                September off
                October-November
                December off

Are there many people still interested?

elizabeths
                Participant
                  0 Pirate Gold Coins

Sounds good! I’ll be back in April. Hopefully there will be enough of us interested that I’ll feel like I have to meet the deadline.

J.A. Marlow
                    125 Pirate Gold Coins

As a way to keep myself motivated and moving in the right direction, I’m interested!

J.A. Marlow
                    The String Weavers, Salmon Run, Redpoint One series.

Writer alter-ego of Dreamers Cove

Drake_Tesla
                    Participant
                      0 Pirate Gold Coins

I’ve been keeping an eye on those as my health stabilizes, myself, and was contemplating picking a few.

MarFisk
                        0 Pirate Gold Coins

If enough don’t sign up personally, post on main that you’re looking for challenge buddies :).

She remakes mechanical devices, and he dreams of becoming a steamship captain in The Steamship Chronicles. Book 1 is free in eBook.

Annika
                        Participant
                          0 Pirate Gold Coins

I didn’t know about the challenges until recently when MarFisk pointed them out to me. I am planning on participating in the word count challenge in April/May, and if it works out for me, maybe some more later.

MarFisk
                            0 Pirate Gold Coins

I lived by the challenges for years, then I just stopped. I’m trying to get back to them, because that end of month push is VERY productive even if I flop through most of the period :p.

Case in point, I added the worldbuilding challenge because I’d succeeded in the other two. Then I promptly forgot about it. Last day of February, I did over 2k just to finish it.

elizabeths
                            Participant
                              0 Pirate Gold Coins

To be honest, I rarely did these challenges when I was (sort of) active on the site. But when I was trying to think of ways to ramp up my writing speed, they were the first thing I thought of.

I’m going to create my April-May threads now so I’m committed.

MarFisk
                                0 Pirate Gold Coins

I’m dreadfully behind in email, so didn’t see this post, but I think you can see from the responses that people are interested :). I have not been as productive as I was when I was doing the challenges every period. I’ll admit there were extenuating circumstances, but to pull myself back out of the muck, they seemed a good method.

RebeccaD
                                Participant
                                  0 Pirate Gold Coins

I’m in for the 2 month challenges.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.