One year…

Home Forums House of Creativity The Writing Pad One year…

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zette
      126 Pirate Gold Coins

For a lot of us, the pandemic lockdown started a year ago today (March 13). I hope that all of you have come through this time well. Russ and I lost a few close friends, and Russ was without a job for over a year, but we have come through and we’re starting to see things look better. Lockdown and depression, though, made for a difficult year.

I hope to get more ‘connected’ with my former fun pastimes and enjoy some stuff at FM again.

And, yeah, I have still written every day … but a lot of it was not pretty.

Magic Seeker
        0 Pirate Gold Coins

It’s been a weird year. My family has been lucky, covid-wise. We lost my dad to old age, but he wasn’t sick and didn’t suffer.

The lockdown wasn’t as troubling to me as it was for many — I’m a confirmed hermit, and was glad for any excuse to go out less. 🙂

I have to admit, I’m looking forward to a “normal” year.

Happy writing,
        Deb Salisbury
        The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
        www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
        https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
        http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

Ashe Elton Parker
          38 Pirate Gold Coins

The past year wasn’t very challenging for me, socially. I’m very introverted and most of my social life is online.

I didn’t get Covid, and today I made my appointments for Covid vaccinations at the VA; first one is for this Thursday. Looking forward to getting stabbed with those needles. My main concern has been that I may be an asymptomatic carrier, and there are a few people who I’m in contact with who are in high-risk categories.

What’s been difficult is watching my wife fall into depression and suffer anxiety due to the restrictions on socializing because she’s a much more social person, though she’s been doing better since we moved to a much nicer place to live.

Ashe Elton Parker
          "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
          ~*~
          Member since 1998.
          ~*~
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.