Nice to meet you.

Home Forums Main Lobby Welcome Mat: The Spot for Newcomers Nice to meet you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rebeccale
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 1

Hi everyone, my name is Becky, and my work in progress is a young adult fantasy novel. Eleven years ago, I got my BFA in Creative Writing, but since then I’ve done very little with it. I’ve been waiting, I guess, for life to politely get out of the way and let me write, but unsurprisingly, it hasn’t complied. So I have started to force writing into the cracks of my existence.

I’ve made some progress on my own (about 10,000 words), but something that I realized I have been missing is having a community that really cares about writing. I know the hard work is mine to do, but if it weren’t helpful to have a community, this board and others like it wouldn’t be here, right?

So I’ve come here looking for help, but also I hope that I can be helpful to others. Glad to meet you all, and looking forward to taking the next steps on the road to getting the stories out of my head, onto the page, and eventually onto bookshelves.

Ashe Elton Parker
    • Topics - 422
    • Replies - 9,195

Welcome to FM, Becky!

Forward Motion is a great (if very laid back) community. Feel free to jump in with questions, and if you have the time, come visit us in chat for some real-time interaction–there’s almost always someone in chat all hours of the day.

Ashe Elton Parker
    "There's someone in my head, but it's not me." ~ from the song Brain Damage by Pink Floyd
    ~*~
    Member since 1998.
    ~*~
    Look me up on Wattpad for some of my books!
    J.A. Marlow
    • Topics - 311
    • Replies - 1,099

Yeah, life is really annoying that way. It just won’t get out of the way for the important stuff. :P

Welcome to FM! If you are so inclined, poke your nose into chat. With this being Camp Nano month, you’ll usually find several of us actively writing.

J.A. Marlow
    The String Weavers, Salmon Run, Redpoint One series.

Writer alter-ego of Dreamers Cove

Magic Seeker
    • Topics - 80
    • Replies - 1,210

Hi Becky. Welcome to FM! And yay for another YA fantasy writer! :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We love for people to start new topics.

Happy writing,
    Deb Salisbury
    The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
    www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
    https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
    http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

Edward.Terry
    Participant
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 1

Hi Becky,

Glad to see you again here. Welcome back to FM.

Ps. I’m waiting your adult fantasy novel. love this!

Best.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.