NaNo is nearly here

Home Forums House of Creativity The Writing Pad NaNo is nearly here

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zette
      126 Pirate Gold Coins

Most of you know we have our own NaNo Board and NaNo Chat Room. If you are new to the site, and looking for NaNo-related stuff, check them out. The Chat Room will likely be most busy during November.

J.A. Marlow
        125 Pirate Gold Coins

Ready the word wars! Vroom vroom!

J.A. Marlow
        The String Weavers, Salmon Run, Redpoint One series.

Writer alter-ego of Dreamers Cove

Wandering Author
        Participant
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

I think NaNo is cursed for me lately. Last year, the first of November saw me beginning my NaNo novel while four utility poles lay in the middle of the street not far from my house, closing a good portion of the street for days. At least I’d planned to do NaNo longhand that year – but, with no power, I was trying to write with an eyedropper filler in a freezing cold house. (For those that don’t use fountain pens – eyedropper fillers can “burp” gouts of ink due to the heat of your hand gripping the pen causing the air bubble inside to expand, in a normal environment.) Despite that, and getting incredibly sick on Thanksgiving, somehow, I had over 60,000 words by the end of November.

This year, well, Frankenstorm is coming tomorrow, I have not planned to write longhand, and I don’t have a solid idea yet. :S Yet I refuse to give up. I’m going to give it my best shot. If I go down in flames, at least I tried…

zette
            126 Pirate Gold Coins

I’ll remember to stay clear of wherever you are in November.

Good luck with this one and the storm!

J.A. Marlow
              125 Pirate Gold Coins

Hopefully the power will stay on for you and you can write. Um, if the plot bunnies favor you with a little nibbling. Here, have a few of mine. :throws bunnies at Wandering Author:

J.A. Marlow
              The String Weavers, Salmon Run, Redpoint One series.

Writer alter-ego of Dreamers Cove

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.