(Resolved) How do we edit our posts?

Home Forums House of Creativity Suggestions and Troubleshooting (Resolved) How do we edit our posts?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MarFisk
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

I tried to put spacing in so as not to reveal the problem to hackers looking for interesting info, and it totally ignored the space. I should have put Latin ;). However, I went back to take it out as it’s taking up too much space, but there’s no edit button. Is this a standing issue? I see I’m now a participant rather than admin (which is grand) or moderator, which I still have been doing, but even participants should be able to edit their typos (you always see it after hitting post), but it might be a “make four posts before allowed to edit” type of thing. It might be worth having a tip board to help people learn how to navigate the new forums.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Dreamers Cove.

She remakes mechanical devices, and he dreams of becoming a steamship captain in The Steamship Chronicles. Book 1 is free in eBook.
      https://margaretmcgaffeyfisk.com/the-steamship-chronicles/

Ashe Elton Parker
        38 Pirate Gold Coins

The Edit option is in the white bar with the date and post number, near the number, along with Reply and Quote. They need to be highlighted to find them.

And I would like to suggest that these links be made visible somehow.

Ashe Elton Parker
        "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
        ~*~
        Member since 1998.
        ~*~
        MarFisk
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

The Edit option is in the white bar with the date and post number, near the number, along with Reply and Quote. They need to be highlighted to find them.

And I would like to suggest that these links be made visible somehow.

Thanks :). That’s exactly what I needed to know, and seconding the request for a CSS update to black text for those links.

She remakes mechanical devices, and he dreams of becoming a steamship captain in The Steamship Chronicles. Book 1 is free in eBook.

Dreamers Cove
          Keymaster
            1 Pirate Gold Coin

Yep, the text was almost the same color as the background and so were invisible. I’ve now fixed the problem. 🙂

MarFisk
              0 Pirate Gold Coins

Wonderful. Thank you so much :).

And to anyone else, if you cannot see the Edit or Reply link, do a hard refresh to clear the old CSS from your Cache. (I do Ctrl-Alt-Shift+Refresh in Chrome. It’s some combination of those keys in most Windows browsers, and I can’t remember which ones :).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.