Hi there!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lifeline
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi there,

You will probably see not that much of me.. I discovered years ago that forum writing just is not meant for me. That is maybe not the best beginning as I am a newcomer to this board, but I hope you will bear with me.

I’ve written for years now (no, lets be honest, my whole life), and when I was young I had delusions about becoming a professional writer. To top that, my native language is not english, and I hesitated a long time to switch. Now I know that writing full time is not what I want to do with my life, but the urge to do it is just too strong. Probably what all addicts say. *sigh*.

About a month ago I fell for the first time into ‘Writers High’ (it has happened again in the meantime *smile*) and I just know that most of you will laugh when they read this. It took that obtuse one so long?, is probably what you will think! Truth is, my imagination is not that original. I can be pretty imaginative and a good critic too, but I have to get my starting ideas from someone else. Or maybe I just need to talk about it. So there we are again, that’s the reason for me being on this board.

Let’s look around, maybe find someone who will give my imagination kicks, and then we will see. If anyone needs help editing (but please don’t ask me to edit grammar/spelling!), I can help too.

See you around, on one thread or another! :)

Ashe Elton Parker
        38 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome, Lifeline!

I hope you find what you need on this site. The boards are kind of slow, so if you’d like some real-time assistance with your efforts, please pop into chat. There’s usually people most of the afternoon and evening, US time, and sometimes people can be found hanging out even in the wee/morning hours (though not quite as many).

Ashe Elton Parker
        "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
        ~*~
        Member since 1998.
        ~*~
        Magic Seeker
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi Lifeline! Welcome to FM. :)

Isn’t Writer’s High wonderful? I hope you find it more and more often.

Happy writing,
          Deb Salisbury
          The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
          www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
          https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
          http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

J.A. Marlow
            125 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome to Forward Motion!

J.A. Marlow
            The String Weavers, Salmon Run, Redpoint One series.

Writer alter-ego of Dreamers Cove

Richard Theo
            Participant
              0 Pirate Gold Coins

Just arrived. Have been dabbling for years at it. I write science fiction, horror and fantasy. My english is indeed my first language and only language. However its form is elusive to me. I decided to poke my ‘ittle nose inside your company. I hope I can stay awhile.

I hope, I can find some help here. To edit my work. I have a problem making the characters pop. Should I put them on the stove to do this, and put some oil in the pot. It did not allow the pop it burned, I had to call in the fire department to put it out. I figured it would work like pop corn, I guess it did not.

Also I am long winded, so if I am rambling on forever. Give me a poke. Maybe than I would look around and see you there, wanting to talk to me.

Sincerely,

Richard Theo Edwards

Magic Seeker
                0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi, Richard! Welcome to FM.

I hope we can help you meet your goals. And I agree, burned popcorn (and overcooked words) must be avoided. :P

Happy writing,
                Deb Salisbury
                The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
                www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
                https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
                http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.