Hello from the Pacific

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Minotaur
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi all,

I’m Vincent, or Vince, or Vinny, or whatever you like. Point is, I aint fussy. But wait.

♪ How did I get here? ♪ This is not my beautiful board. ♪

Paul Saxberg sent me here. I’ve been publishing a story to FB lately, and folks seem to like my writing, so now I’m planning to put some things on the market. Just short stories/novellas, sold for cheap, and I’ll see how it goes. Anyway, I tend to isolate myself. I’m betting some of you relate. A community of like-minded people is probably a good thing to have, yeah? So, Paul sent me your way. :)

I have various modes of writing, and various voices. Casual, for situations like this. I don’t worry much over grammar, maybe not even spelling. The point here is to communicate, not pass an English test. But, for my professional life and for my writing, that’s another story. Basically, language should be a living forest, rather than fixed slab of cement. One is great to play in, run around, sing songs, have fun. The other is just a parking lot where old Winnebagos go to die. When I write, it’s a bit of both. I want my stories to have life, and I want to enjoy writing them, but I recognize the need to provide structure for the reader. Thankfully that part “comes naturally” to me.

I generally write speculative stuff, scifi, mystery, but I have been considering trying my hand at romance. Hm… Not really sure what else to say here now. Maybe this gives you a vague notion of what I’m like. Can’t wait to meet you all, please say hello!

Ashe Elton Parker
        38 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome, Minotaur! (I’m starting out as I expect to continue; I’m horrible with names.)

I hpe we’re able to help you find your way. Check out FM chat for real-time discussion of writing (and various real-life topics, including food). Oh, and stop by Writing Groove, FM’s companion site for a look around. There’s a chat there too, so if FM’s is empty, there’s usually a good chance people are on WG.

Ashe Elton Parker
        "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
        ~*~
        Member since 1998.
        ~*~
        Magic Seeker
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi Vincent! Welcome to FM!

I hope we can help you meet your goals. :)

Happy writing,
          Deb Salisbury
          The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
          www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
          https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
          http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.