Hello

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Katlin
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

I’ve been lurking for a while now.

About me:
      I’m Katlin. I wouldn’t mind being a comic book writer some time in the future. The first thing I wrote (other than one page ‘beginnings’) was a 50,000 word novel. The second: a 120,000 word novel. Then, for the last year, I wrote a bunch of short stories, most of which I was not satisfied with.

What brought me to Forward Motion:
      I saw it referred to on two sites I trust. One a very long time ago. The other fairly recently. And I have no friends who are interested in writing fiction of any kind. Plus, I just moved to Idaho. It would be nice to talk to somebody about what I enjoy the most. That’s writing.

I recently saw Neil Gaiman’s The Books of Magic illustrated in a comic book store in Spokane. I didn’t really like my flip through, but, the thing is, I really really really liked the novel version when I was a kid. I never got to finish it. I would go into the library and bookstores in Texas and never find the last books. So that’s what I’m thinking about. I want to experience it again and finish it. I didn’t even know it was Neil Gaiman’s. The name meant nothing to me as a kid, besides being the author of a book I loved. And I remember his bio. I also read Coraline. I suppose I’m feeling nostalgic.

So, hello!

Magic Seeker
        0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hello, Katlin. Welcome to FM!

Congratulations on finishing two novels and many short stories! That’s a big accomplishment, whether or not you’re happy with them. You can always go back and tinker with them.

I haven’t read Neil Gaiman’s The Books of Magic. Thank you for the recommendation! Sounds like I’ll avoid the comic book version, though.

Please do join in our discussions, or start one of your own.

Happy writing,
        Deb Salisbury
        The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
        www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
        https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
        http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

Ashe Elton Parker
          38 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome to FM, Katlin!

I second the congratulations on finishing two novels and many short stories. You accomplished a lot. And I agree with Magic Seeker–you can fiddle with the shorts until you’re satisfied with them.

I understand wanting to chat about writing with people who’ll understand. The boards are good for that, and if you want some real-time writing talk, come to the chat rooms. There’s usually someone in during the day, especially in the afternoon and evening our time (I’m in Utah), and I’m ususally there as well.

Ashe Elton Parker
          "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
          ~*~
          Member since 1998.
          ~*~
          Katlin
          Participant
            0 Pirate Gold Coins

The Books of Magic comic book just wasn’t what I pictured when I read the book, I think.
            Magic Seeker, thank you for welcoming me. You, too, Ashe Elton Parker.
            :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.