Hello!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DarcieKinsey
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hey everyone. I’m a writer/truck driver based out of Calgary, Alberta. I am engaged to marry the love of my life in August 2016. Between us, we have four kids (14, 18, 19 and 23), a grandson (3) and a granddaughter (1). We are also the proud parents of two fur babies. Our dogs travel in the truck with us. They make great companions and security guards! I just quit smoking and my unmedicated ADHD is in overdrive.

I have a young adult novel in the final editing stages. I say this loosely as I have been editing for about five years now with apparently no end in sight. I have a second young adult novel in the early drafting stage.

I’ve also decided to put my 20+ years as a paralegal to use and delve into the world of the crime/mystery genre. I have a few ideas floating around my head but it’s a jumbled mess still. Is John Grisham on here? I could pick his brain!!!

I am here to study my craft and absorb as much information as I possibly can from fellow writers. I ask a lot of weird questions. Please bear with me.

Ashe Elton Parker
        38 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome to FM, Darcie!

I hope the editing is going well, even if it is going slowly, and may your new story in draft turn out well!

We have a Mystery, Thriller, and Suspense Writing Board on the site. Take a look around and see if there’s anything that can help with your ideas.

We’re all willing to help and happy to have new writers on the site. If you ever want some real-time socialization and/or assistance with plotting or other aspects of writing, feel free to come into Chat. If you need help brainstorming plot or anything else with your stories, there’s a brainstorming session called Think Tank held each Friday and Sunday evening from 7-9PM Mountain Time (9-11 Eastern).

I hope you find what you’re looking for here on FM, Darcie!

Ashe Elton Parker
        "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
        ~*~
        Member since 1998.
        ~*~
        Magic Seeker
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

Hi Darcie! Welcome to FM!

It sounds like you have lots of wonderful experiences to draw from, and many great stories to tell.

Best of luck on the editing. I also find it hard to know when to stop.

I hope we can help you meet your goals.

Happy writing,
          Deb Salisbury
          The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
          www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
          https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
          http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

DarcieKinsey
          Participant
            0 Pirate Gold Coins

Thanks guys! I have found the motivation board, which I think will be helpful! I’m also going to check out the Chat and the Mystery boards. My biggest challenge is to stay on track without getting distracted.

Thanks again. I am really looking forward to chatting with everyone!

J.A. Marlow
              125 Pirate Gold Coins

Welcome to Forward Motion!

J.A. Marlow
              The String Weavers, Salmon Run, Redpoint One series.

Writer alter-ego of Dreamers Cove

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.