Gollancz Direct Submission Window

Home Forums Main Lobby The Main Board Gollancz Direct Submission Window

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kai Herbertz
    Participant
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 10
    Weird Jim
    Participant
    • Topics - 131
    • Replies - 420

Gollancz is perhaps the fourth publisher ‘ I’ve ‘ heard of recently who’s thrown out a baited hook to find writers. They are a far older company than Angry Robot and I’m wondering if the publishing business is shifting slightly, and if there is a slight shortage of publishable work because of all the self-published stuff recently. Just wondering.

It might be worthwhile keeping an eye out for an agent. SF etc. seems to be the stuff they are seeking; but perhaps not if it’s been self-published. It might also be that writers who have a ready novel are going to need to do some deep thinking.

Kai Herbertz
    Participant
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 10

Ah, what are the other two places then?

Gollancz’s fourth bullet point is “We will consider previously self-published works.” So I will send them the beginning of “Age of Torridan.”

Weird Jim
    Participant
    • Topics - 131
    • Replies - 420

Sorry! I miss read. I thought they were rejecting self-published stuff. It makes me even more suspect of their motive and why they can’t find writers’

One of the other two is the new(ish) Simon and Schuster’s new vanity imprint. Was a time when vanity publishers didn’t need to do much advertising, with most of the published books being vanity stuff.
    The fourth name I can’t recall but it seemed to be aimed at Canadians.

As I said, these seem to be baited hooks, and I am slightly paranoid. Watch your wallet.

ConnieCockrell
    Participant
    • Topics - 90
    • Replies - 946

There are some big names on the author list. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to FM.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.