Going to post this to a different spot, maybe use this more as a running list than commentary.
Most of my commentary will end up here, at my Librarything reading thread.
If I note a book as a dud (or as I’ve heard call Pearl Ruled the book), I’ve given it more than a fair chance. Unless the writing is so horrid I can’t get past the first few pages, I try to get at least 1/3 of the book in, to give plots a chance to build, authors to get characters set, etc. That far in, if I just can’t, then I’m done.
That said, here’s my list so far for 2020:
1) Emissary by J M Dillard (Abridged Audio)
2) Five Days to a Clutter Free Home
3) Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey
4) Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
5) Siege Tactics by Drew Hayes
6) Court of Thorns and Roses (Dud)
7) The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin
8) The Last Juror by John Grisham
9) Deathless Divide by Justina Ireland
10) Quiet by Susan Cain
11) Snuff by Terry Pratchett
12) Dragon Trials by Ava Richardson
13) Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
14) NYPD Red by James Patterson
The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Echoes of Honor by David Weber
The enemy of an enemy by Vincent Trigili
This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Gilroy.
This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Gilroy.
This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Gilroy.