Free Novel Writing Software via Lynn Viehl

Home Forums House of Creativity The Writing Pad Free Novel Writing Software via Lynn Viehl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keeley
    Participant
      0 Pirate Gold Coins

Of the four she mentioned, Bibisco is the one that had my attention the fastest. However, WriteMonkey, apart from getting rid of distractions, looks very interesting from a formatting perspective. I’m wondering if it would create cleaner HTML through Markdown (Perl-based) than what I currently have.

Anyway, here’s the link:

http://pbackwriter.blogspot.com/2016/04/four-freebies.html

Author of a romance between Loki and Sigyn, a dragon shapeshifter series, and a romantic fantasy with forbidden magic and a mysterious minstrel. (More at amykeeley.wordpress.com)

Also writes space opera/sociological science fiction under the name Z.A. Waterstone. (zawaterstone.wordpress.com)

katy12250
      Participant
        0 Pirate Gold Coins

There are a couple that sound good, but I’m going to stick with Scrivener. Not that it’s perfect, because there are things I would change, but I’ve got most of the learning curve out of the way. If I get any more writing programs, then I’m going to want to play with them and learn them and not write.

Writing it more important.

At least that’s what I’ll keep telling myself as I drool over new writing software! :P

BJ Steeves
        Participant
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

Been using LibreOffice on linux “forever”, but I will look at Bibisco… Ya never can tell….

===============================================

BJ Steeves
          Computer Wizard at Large

Member of Forward Motion since the original site had only 300 members. (That is a while ago!!!)

Keeley
          Participant
            0 Pirate Gold Coins

@katy, I would love to use Scrivener but I’m like you when it comes to software. I love playing with it and would never get any writing done! But the thing that keeps Scrivener on my To Someday Buy list is that it can convert manuscripts to epub. Having that as part of my writing system would, I think, save a lot of time.

@BJ, I’ve learned to love LibreOffice. I was a big OOo fan for a long time and stayed with the name brand after the split until very recently. But yeah, Bibisco looks like one to bookmark, at the very least.

Author of a romance between Loki and Sigyn, a dragon shapeshifter series, and a romantic fantasy with forbidden magic and a mysterious minstrel. (More at amykeeley.wordpress.com)

Also writes space opera/sociological science fiction under the name Z.A. Waterstone. (zawaterstone.wordpress.com)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.