Fictionwise to Close

Home Forums House of Creativity The Writing Pad Fictionwise to Close

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zette
      126 Pirate Gold Coins

For those who haven’t heard, Fictionwise — an online ebook seller for many, many years — will be closing doors on December 21. This is not a huge shock since Barnes and Noble bought them back in 2009. If you have bought books there, you should get an email which seems to have some special instructions for Nook owners.

J.A. Marlow
        125 Pirate Gold Coins

Definitely not a surprise. If anything, I’m surprised they didn’t do this earlier.

It’s a little sad, as it’s the end of an era. Fictionwise was THE place to go for ebooks for years. I know of several authors who banded together to create a publishing company so they would be accepted as a supplier. Until Amazon released the Kindle, Fictionwise was their biggest selling place.

I know of a few who still shop there, as they prefer it to Barnes & Noble’s bloated and user unfriendly site (and abominable browse options). Too bad B&N couldn’t take the best of Fictionwise and use it to spruce up their own website. It needs all the help it can get.

Just goes to show how much can change in such a short period of time.

J.A. Marlow
        The String Weavers, Salmon Run, Redpoint One series.

Writer alter-ego of Dreamers Cove

jschara
        Participant
          0 Pirate Gold Coins

I got my email this morning. The ebook transfer seems to be predicated on having the same email address for both fictionwise and Barnes and Noble. Alas, I did not, so I’m not sure how to get the books to transfer.

On a brighter note, I only have two books (both by Zette) on my bookshelf, and they are are my hard drive. I did redownload them in ePub format, and I believe I’ll be able to load them into my Nook reader app just fine.

zette
            126 Pirate Gold Coins

Oh, which two books were those? I think a lot of my Double Dragon publications were on this site.

jschara
            Participant
              0 Pirate Gold Coins

The Good People of Coralville and Brendan’s Song.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.