3 Writing Prompts

Home Forums House of Creativity The Writing Pad 3 Writing Prompts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ashe Elton Parker
      38 Pirate Gold Coins

My wife, Tess, hasn’t been writing and asked me to give her three prompts to help her get started. I shared them with Jam in chat, and she and Zette suggested I post them here.

1) Your character just found out their grandmother is a supernatural creature, and that they are the inheritor of her legacy.

2) You character has lost an item valuable to their family or community and has not yet found it when someone asks about it.

3) Last night’s storm deposited something unexpected on the back lawn and your character has to figure out what to do about it before anyone else notices it.

Ashe Elton Parker
      "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
      ~*~
      Member since 1998.
      ~*~
      Magic Seeker
        0 Pirate Gold Coins

All three prompts are fun and inspiring!

Happy writing,
        Deb Salisbury
        The Mantua-Maker, Quality Historical Sewing Patterns and Books
        www.mantua-maker.com

The Art of the Hoop: 1860 - 1869, Dress, Sewing, and Clothing Care Advice
        https://www.mantua-maker.com/a---1860s-fashion.html

Dead Wizard's Loot: Wizard Whitewing #1
        http://www.djsalisburybooks.com/Dead-Wizard-s-Loot.html

zette
          126 Pirate Gold Coins

You know, a really crazed person could work all three of those into one story. Not me of course. No. Really — too much going on … (must take notes).

Ashe Elton Parker
            38 Pirate Gold Coins

Thanks, Deb. And LOL Zette!

Ashe Elton Parker
            "Just love me, fear me, do as I say, and I will be your slave." ~ David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth
            ~*~
            Member since 1998.
            ~*~
            Tanya9771
            Participant
              0 Pirate Gold Coins

Very interesting prompts, so I’ll write them down and see what I can do with them … Thanks Ashe 🙂

Carter Nipper
              Participant
                0 Pirate Gold Coins

I have been really crazed at times, and I feel that familiar tickle after reading these prompts. That means danger ahead for myself or others. Thanks for posting these!

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
                No mess is unrecoverable if it doesn't kill the one who made it. - Lazarus Long
                Against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain. - Friedrich Schiller

Carter Nipper
                Participant
                  0 Pirate Gold Coins

I just posted the first 2 scenes of my attempt to Snippets. Read with caution, my craziness may be contagious.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
                  No mess is unrecoverable if it doesn't kill the one who made it. - Lazarus Long
                  Against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain. - Friedrich Schiller

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.